Friday, January 25, 2008

Friends for Peace

My Bedouin friends outnumber my Jewish ones. By nature, I respect the individuality of everyone I meet. Any friendship that develops is by mutual consent and effort.
When the USA bombed Gadaffi, my Gazan work crew saved my life by hiding me from the other Arabs on site. When two terrorists opened fire on King George Street, I hit the deck with every other unarmed Jew in the vicinity.
The perpetual war between Israelis and Palestinians only proves that we are not any better [or worse] than any other battling groups on the planet.
The journey to peace starts when one person discovers his humanity and begins to look for that quality in another human being.
In every society the good people vastly outnumber the evil ones. Unfortunately, the evil-doers are much more organized and better able to pursue their selfish desires.

No comments: