Monday, November 1, 2010

A Look into Your Future

This may be presumptuous of me, but living in the Middle East for 26 years has given me a head start on most of you. There have been 26 violations of my 30 human rights defined by the UN 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Due process is a dim memory. I appeared before 29 corrupt judges while I lost 35 cases.Beginning in the High Court I worked my way down to the Small Claims Courts and then all the way back up with equal frustration. What the civil judges did to my family rivaled what the religious ones did as they finished us off.
The individual confronts a system so inured to evil nobody within it is able to consider an alternative. The citizen surrenders his soul and the hard cases flee into exile. The state employs thousands of spooks to list them and their whereabouts.
Freedom and justice are minority poses.

No comments: