Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Every Arab Ntn Has Discriminatory Laws vs Palestinian
The mothers' protest shows that the excuse given by every Arab leader - including Palestinian Arab leaders, and even parroted by UNRWA - that Palestinian Arabs do not want to become citizens of their host countries, is a complete lie. When given the opportunity, many if not most of them would jump to gain the equal rights that citizenship affords them.
There is a simple thing that could be done that could help galvanize the world to help these victims of Arab discrimination. It would not cost much and could be done by a private organization.
Commission an independent poll of Palestinian Arabs living in Arab countries, and ask them these simple questions:
* Do you feel legally discriminated against in your host country because you are a Palestinian?
* Do you feel that the citizens of your host country discriminate against Palestinians?
* If you had the option, and if it would not impact your status as a Palestinian, would you want to become a citizen of the country you live in?
* If you had the option to become a citizen of your host country but it meant that you would lose your status as a Palestinian, would you still want to become a citizen of your host country?
* If given a choice, would you like to move to another Arab country and become a citizen there? If so, which one?
* If given a choice, would you prefer to become a citizen of your host country or to move your family to the Palestinian Authority-controlled areas?