Sunday, March 9, 2008

What Does Your Rep Do With His $37 millions Gift?

Four of my dogs are trying to eat a process server. He has a foreclosure notice on the property next door. So, unless the Police find his bones in my garden, I am in the clear.
The incident reminds me of an article I read a few weeks ago. The latest US budget includes $20 billions earmarked by the Congress for various projects. Without examination or oversight, the funds could end up anywhere.
Inconsequential in the USA, the monies impress the hell out of an Israeli like me. They amount to nearly one-fifth of Israel's Gross Domestic Product.
As the process server scales the outer wall to escape, I calculate each House and Senate member's share in this largess at a little over $37 millions. Surely, this amount is sufficient to win the hearts and minds of the incumbents constituents.
As my dogs on the process server, the legislators are doing a job on the public.
Every dog has his day.

No comments: